Steamed Palak Vada Recipe
Recipe by Chefs Aditya Bal & Devanshi
Healthy vadas with the goodness of atta, besan, sooji and spinach. And guess what? They are not fried, they are steamed.
- Recipe Servings: 3Prep Time:
- Cook Time:Total Cook Time:
- Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients Of Steamed Palak Vada
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup suji/ semolina
- 2 cups atta/ whole wheat flour
- 1 cup besan/ gram flour
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 3/4 turmeric powder
- 1 tsp green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups finely cut spinach
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda/ soda bi carbonate
- 1 Tbsp cream or you can use water
- Water, to knead it
How to Make Steamed Palak Vada
1. In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
2. Add the wet ingredients to it.
3. Knead them together with water.
4. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Make tight round balls.
5. Flatten them and make a deep impression with your thumb in between the vada.
6. Grease a steam tin with very little oil and place the vadas.
7. Steam the vadas for 10 minutes.
8. Serve hot. Enjoy.
Please follow and like us: